Re: Feedback on Access Control

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:03:29 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

On 2008-01-24 17:37:54 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I see, thanks. Well, unless there's significant support for
> changing the header syntax I rather not do it at this point.

I'm indifferent on whether to reuse the Cache-Control syntax, but
would prefer to get rid of the comma in the method statement.

That would actually make the construction robust against (illegal,
MUST NOT) shuffling of HTTP headers with the same field-name; while
not totally necessary, that kind of robustness sounds like it's
desirable, in particular when available at rather low cost.

It would also simplify parsers, and keep them from breaking if and
when a keyword in the header syntax ends up being an HTTP method.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>