Re: Feedback on Access Control

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:49:06 +1100
Cc: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

Ah, that makes sense now.

It might be helpful to say why they'd be denied (all of them are
invalid access items, correct)? Also, calling this out in a more
prominent fashion may be helpful, especially for casual readers
(apparently like me :) and for non-screen-oriented readers. E.g.,

	 https://*.*:80   <-- invalid; only one wildcard allowed
	 *://example.org  <-- invalid; wildcard not allowed in scheme
	 http://example.org/   <-- invalid; trailing slash
	 http://example.org/example    <-- invalid; path component present
	 http://example.org:   <--- invalid; port not specified after ':'

or similar.