Re: Access-Control: Proposed restructuring

David Orchard wrote:

> Well, what I meant was that I don't know what down to earth means in
> this context, namely for writing a spec.  Down to earth applied to a
> policy language specification is absurd.  We need a language that is
> unambigous and clear to get to interoperable implementations.

FWIW I found Ian's use of English prose in the HTML 5 parsing spec to be
clear and helpful in producing an implementation. There are now multiple
implementations of that spec which are believed to have good
interoperability (they all pass a common test suite of moderate size).

I have not reviewed the relevant section of the Access Control spec in
enough detail to know whether it is currently as clear as HTML 5, but I
see no reason /in principle/ why it could not be made clear enough to
produce multiple interoperable implementations.