Access-Control: Proposed restructuring

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:56:56 -0800
To: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>
Hi all,

Stuart Williams and I made comments about restructing the Access Control
spec, and we took an action item to craft up a proposal.  A rough first
version is ready to look at, at
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/Overview-Declarative-20080116.
html

The highlights:
- Redid the protocol to be top-down rather than bottom-up
- Redid the algorithms to use pseudo code.
- Converted most of the EBNF to ABNF.

There are going to be problems with the completeness of the algorithm,
but I think that's not the point of the proposal, which is to show a
different style of specification.

I'm glad to continue on this path if the WG would like.

Cheers,
Dave