Re: GET / HEAD / OPTIONS

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:04:05 +0200
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>
To: Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy@microsoft.com>

On Jan 5, 2008, at 01:10, Bertrand Le Roy wrote:

> I still think it would be interesting to investigate precedents as
> this seems at first to deviate from usual HTTP GET usage.

It is very clear that the spec deviates from usual HTTP GET usage. The
HTTPish way would be using OPTIONS with a new response header that had
application-level caching semantics.

However, OPTIONS has been rejected due to issues in the popular Apache
server with certain modules.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi