RE: GET / HEAD / OPTIONS

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:37:41 -0800
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai@us.ibm.com>, "Web Application Formats Working Group WG" <public-appformats@w3.org>

I'll ask the Mark Nottingham question, where is the requirements doc
that the WG has agreed to?  Such a document would help answer these
kinds of issues quickly, and if there isn't documented agreement then
these kinds of questions are bound to continue happening.

I looked at the charter
(http://www.w3.org/2006/appformats/admin/charter.html) to see if I could
find any guidance there but didn't even find the work listed in the
deliverables.  Which surprised me somewhat.

<snip/>
> One of our requirements is that you can simply put a file on
> the server and have it work. Also in the case where you can't
> configure HTTP headers.
> The protocol should also work consistently which is why GET
> is also used for the authorization request so the entity body
> is taken into account there as well. Given that servers
> opt-in to all of this and sites are unlikely to just make
> random cross-site requests it is unlikely you get a very
> large response.

<snip/>
> --
> Anne van Kesteren