RE: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> If we only support
> server-side checking, we're completely removing the ability to put
> cross-site reachable resources on servers where the author
> does not have
> the access (or ability) to configure the server or write cgi scripts.

So what exactly do you guys mean by: "the author does not have the access (or ability) to configure the server or write cgi scripts"? How do I put an "Access-Control" HTTP header on a non-XML file if I can't configure the server in any way? If this cannot be done, does this mean that the current proposal does not support cross-domain JSON for this deployment scenario?

--Tyler