Re: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:26:03 +0100, Close, Tyler J. <tyler.close@hp.com>
wrote:
> Sure, but the question is: "Who's responsibility is it?". In my opinion,
> it is the server's responsibility to ensure a safe default for each
> resource. You seem to have the perspective that it's the client's
> responsibility.

Most XSS problems have been due to lack of knowledge of the authors. SQL
injection is a big one for instance. Also script injection due to lack of
escaping on the server side. Trusting the authors to do the right thing
does not seem responsible at all.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>