RE: [widgets] Request for review for 14th of April

Hi Marcos, all,

In order to assist Widget discovery, search and cataloguing, perhaps we
should consider adding a Tag element to the Name and Description
elements already specified.  Something like:

The tag Element

The tag element represents human-readable CSV tags for a widget resource
that can be used, for example, for widget discovery (e.g., search) and
cataloguing.

Contexts in which this element may be used:
    In a widget element.
Content model:
    Text.
Occurrences:
    Zero, one or more than one (CSV notation)

I appreciate that such metadata about a Widget could be aggregated on
the hosting server (e.g., when the Widget is uploaded) but embedding the
'tag' metadata in the Widget itself then also enables viral
distribution.

If too late in the day for consideration for the 14th April deadline,
then perhaps something we can add in the future.

Cheers,

David

David Pollington
Senior Manager - Terminals Research
Vodafone Group R&D

Tel:      +44 1635 685504
Mobile: +44 7771 775063
E-mail: david.pollington@vodafone.com

Web: www.betavine.net
Mobile Web: betavine.mobi

Vodafone Group Services Limited
Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire
RG14 2FN Registered in England No 3802001