Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 Conformance requirements and XForms

Le 6 oct. 2006 à 08:28, Ian Hickson a écrit :

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:
>>
>> There are specific requirements for XForms in XBL Specification.
>
> Actually the conformance requirements that you refer to are still
> XBL-specific requirements, it's just that they only apply to UAs
> that also
> support XForms Actions.

ok.

>> It would be good in the conformance section to declare the class of
>> products and define Conformance profiles, then implementers will
>> have a
>> better view of what needs to be implemented.
>
> Agreed. Done. Let me know if that's ok. (I wasn't sure exactly what
> you
> meant by "conformance profiles" so I left that out, though.)

A Conformance profile is when the conformance rules have different
levels depending on certain criteria. For example, if we consider
authoring tools and renderers of a technology, they do not have the
same exact requirements.
	Class of products can constitute conformance profiles.
	Level of implementations can constiture conformance profiles as well.

The conformance section is really a way to give an outline on how the
full technology should be implemented depending on the circumstances.
It is not that much to claim a label than to help the developers to
choose what is appropriate for him/her to implement depending on the
implementation context.