Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 Semantic-free XML elements

* Ian Hickson wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:
>>
>># Similarly, XBL elements (other than the xbl element itself) that do not
>># have a correct xbl element as an ancestor are in error too, and UAs
>># must ignore them, treating them as they would any arbitrary
>># semantic-free XML element.
>>
>> What is a semantic-free XML element? There is no definition for this.
>
>It's an element that has no semantics. Where's the ambiguity? Why does
>this need a definition? The term is self-explanatory.

I am not so sure about that. I cannot tell from the draft whether e.g.

  <?xml version='1.0'?>
  <x>
    <xbl:template ... xmlns:xbl='...' />
  </x>

the template element implements the XBLTemplateElement interface. The
draft says "The XBLTemplateElement interface is implemented by template
elements that are in the XBL namespace" which suggests that yes, it does
implement it, but the text above suggests it does not implement it.