Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 Shadow tree definition

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

># A shadow tree is a tree of nodes created by cloning a binding's shadow
># content template.
>
> Is it possible to be clearer? This definition is obscure. Plus the fact
> that when we click on shadow content template, it seens to lose any kind
> of meaningful context. Please rewrite the definition and make it clear
> with people around you who know nothing about XBL.

I couldn't find the problem with the hyperlink, it seems to be working in
the editor's copy.

I don't really know how to make the definition clearer. The definition is
currently exactly precise. Could you detail exactly what it is that you
find confusing about the definition? Is it the use of the word "cloning"
or "nodes"? Or the use of other XBL terminology like "binding" or "shadow
content template"? Would removing these definitions (and maybe just
having them given lower in the spec) be less confusing?

Please let me know how best to proceed.

Cheers,