Re: [XBL2] Problems with 3.3: Loading Style Sheets

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> 2. The spec fails to explicitly describe how a style element that is in
>> error is to be treated for both inline and external style sheets.
>
> If a style _element_ is in error, it is ignored. However, having bad
> children doesn't make it in error, it makes its children in error.

That seems contradictory to what the spec says.

| A style element labelled as containing a style sheet in a non-XML
| language yet containing element nodes is in error.

I interpret that as meaning the following style element, which does
contain an element node, is in error:

   div { background: red; }
   <foo/>

If I am misinterpreting the spec, could you please provide some
clarification?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/