Re: XBL2 and xml:id

On Aug 03, 2006, at 23:41, Ian Hickson wrote:
> It has come to my attention that not everybody thought that the xml:id
> discussion was resovled. To recap, the conclusion was that xml:id can
> be used with XBL2 if desired, and that in addition, a simple "id"
> attribute is to be included for consistency with HTML. If this doesn't
> cater for your use case, please don't hesitate to reply to this e-mail
> explaining your use case and how this solution does not satisfy it.

I don't think that this solution exemplifies good, quality design and
I've already made my objections and use cases clear, but in the
interest of not wasting my vacation time talking with someone
incapable of cool-headed discussions using arguments grounded in
reality rather than theology, or for that matter basic respect for
others and their opinions, I don't see the point of discussing it
further.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist