Re: Updated draft charter for SVG work

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 09:05:52 -0500
To: Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io>
Cc: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, LĂ©onie Watson <tink@tink.uk>, w3c-ac-forum <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
+1 echoing Shane's concerns.

I am also curious about the "push back from others" regarding joint
deliverables, as currently other accessibility work within the W3C is being
addressed via joint Task-Forces (
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/).

Are we now suggesting that this model is no longer desired?

I am also cc'ing the APA on this note, as another potential source of
subject matter expertise that could liaise with the SVG WG - APA has long
advocated embedding accessibility SMEs in other WG's to guide and assist.

However I too believe that the SVG WG should be the "owner" of the SVG AAM.

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist