W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2017

Minutes of APA call on 2017-04-26

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:17:48 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <06ff01d2bf82$93c10580$bb431080$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML: https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-apa-minutes.html
Text: see below.

Best regards,
Gottfried
___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Apr 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, MichielBijl, janina, Gottfried, JF,
          MichaelC

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Gottfried, MichielBijl

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]TPAC 2017
         3. [6]Community Groups Last Call
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
         4. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         5. [8]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [9]Other Business
         7. [10]Task force status
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <MichaelC> close action-1557

   <trackbot> Closed action-1557.

   <ShaneM> danka

   <MichielBijl> :role(button) { … }

   <MichielBijl>
   [13]http://bkardell.com/blog/Reflecting-On-Roles.html

     [13] http://bkardell.com/blog/Reflecting-On-Roles.html

   <MichielBijl>
   [14]https://moiety.me/thinks/cascading-semantic-stylehooks.html

     [14] https://moiety.me/thinks/cascading-semantic-stylehooks.html

   <Gottfried> Michiel: CSS pseudo classes for individual roles

   <Gottfried> scribe: Gottfried

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   Post by Brian Kardell:
   [15]http://bkardell.com/blog/Reflecting-On-Roles.html

     [15] http://bkardell.com/blog/Reflecting-On-Roles.html

   Response by Michiel:
   [16]https://moiety.me/thinks/cascading-semantic-stylehooks.html

     [16] https://moiety.me/thinks/cascading-semantic-stylehooks.html

   <MichielBijl> button,

   <MichielBijl> input[type=button]

   <MichielBijl> :role(button) {…}

   Michiel: Easier to make selection rules for all buttons.
   ... or other elements based on role.

   <MichielBijl> [17]http://bkardell.com/role-reflect.js

     [17] http://bkardell.com/role-reflect.js

   Michiel: This script is a polyfill that looks through all DOM
   elements.
   ... The script does not break anything.
   ... Originally, CSS classes were supposed to support selection
   by role.

   John: Mix of semantics and style. There has been push-back from
   CSS people in the past.
   ... Would like to apply semantics to CSS-style selectors.
   Today, they are only used for styling.

   Michiel: We are not applying semantics, we are using semantics
   to select elements.

   John: You could apply an attribute selector instead.

   Michiel: That's what Brian's script does.

   <MichielBijl> [role=button] {…}

   John: Use aria-* attribute as selector.

   Michiel: Pseudo-class would make it easier.
   ... Selecting the first character after a heading complex right
   now - much easier with pseudo-role selector.
   ... Plugin could be written with PostCSS. Use matching selector
   of PostCSS.

   <MichielBijl>
   [18]https://codepen.io/jonneal/pen/gWLKbY?editors=1100

     [18] https://codepen.io/jonneal/pen/gWLKbY?editors=1100

   Michiel: Jonathan wrote something that does exactly that.
   ... It is a proof of concept.

   Janina: Comments are welcome.
   ... Should be most useful for well-structured documents, e.g.
   EPUB.

   Michiel: Think it is interesting. Sad that it was brought up
   before and did not materialize.
   ... Looking for comments. Is it worth to take this further?
   ... and take it to the WAI?

   John: Would that be something for the a11y-CSS Joint TF?

   Janina: Yes, i suppose.

   <MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

   Gottfried: colleague is working on a media query

   Just the beginning

   We had a discussion with CSS WG

   Had thought about extending media queries in this regard

   Student will work on this and work on a poly fill

   Like, if you want high contrast or something, that could be
   detected with a media query

   JS: Think this came up in Saporo

   CSS WG seems to be open to this sorta thing

   <Gottfried> Janina: We have an explicit allowance from the CSS
   wg to experiment with this.

   Gottfried: will keep you updated

TPAC 2017

   <Gottfried> Janina: We have a page stub now.

   <MichaelC> [19]APA TPAC meeting page

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

   <Gottfried> ... We should add this as a regular item to the
   upcoming agendas.

   <Gottfried> ... Everybody: Book your room soon. We expect many
   attendants.

   <Gottfried> Michael: Procedure for discount rate not documented
   yet.

   <Gottfried> Michiel: Can we still change the location country?

   <Gottfried> Michael: Costs for changing are prohibitive.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Should be running smooth.

   <Gottfried> Michiel: Laptops will be banned on the flight?

   <Gottfried> Michael: Remote participation will be possible.

   <Gottfried> ... 2018 will be a different country.

   <Gottfried> Gottfried: Laptop ban will be some selected
   (Arabic) countries only.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Only for carry-on.

   <Gottfried> ... There will be more data provided to us.

   <MichaelC> [20]TPAC 2017

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/

   <Gottfried> Janina: Book early - you can always cancel later.

Community Groups Last Call
[21]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   <Gottfried> Janina: Keep trying to delete this...

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   <Gottfried> action-2120?

   <trackbot> action-2120 -- John Foliot to Review web
   publications use cases and requirements
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ -- due 2017-03-29 -- OPEN

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

   <Gottfried> John: I am about 80% done with this. Will get it
   done today.

   <Gottfried> action-2116?

   <trackbot> action-2116 -- John Foliot to Review ttml profiles
   for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0.1 (imsc1)
   [25]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/ -- due 2017-03-29 --
   OPEN

     [25] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2116

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2116

   <Gottfried> John: I may have missed this one.

   <Gottfried> Michael: Plan to go to CR ending on May 7 - could
   go to CR soon.

   <Gottfried> John: Will get it done today.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Leonie finished her action item. Maybe we
   keep it open since we may want to take action on it, in the
   form of a note/appendix.

   <Gottfried> action-2121?

   <trackbot> action-2121 -- Léonie Watson to Review css basic
   user interface module level 3 (css3 ui)
   [27]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/ -- due 2017-04-12 -- OPEN

     [27] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2121

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2121

   <Gottfried> Michael: I got the message

   <MichaelC> [29]Léonie review of CSS basic UI module

     [29] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0024.html

   Addition for previous topic: seems MichaelC already brought the
   role pseudo-class up on GitHub:
   [30]https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/2

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/2

   <Gottfried> Janina: Same question - best practice guidance.
   Need to work out an agreement with CSS.

   <Gottfried> Michael: Don't think this turns into a comment from
   us.

   <Gottfried> ... What should we do?

   <Gottfried> Janina: Close this.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Input events - Michiel?

   <Gottfried> Michiel: Nope

   <Gottfried> Janina: We should wait for Leonie on this.

   <Gottfried> Michiel: This may of interest for Patrick Clark.
   Should i ask him to review it?

   <Gottfried> Janina: Coordinate with Leonie.

   <MichaelC> close action-2121

   <trackbot> Closed action-2121.

new on TR [31]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [31] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <Gottfried> Michael: List of open review requests with 2 specs

   <MichaelC>
   [32]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2016OctDec/
   0116.html

     [32]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2016OctDec/0116.html

   <Gottfried> ... Request on WebSub

   <Gottfried> ... They went to CR without hearing from us -
   remove this.

Other Business

Task force status

   <Gottfried> Janina: Captcha update guidance by RQTF - expected
   in May.

   <Gottfried> ... John will review the CAPTCHA Note when ready.

   <Gottfried> ... 3 COGA docs are approved.

   <Gottfried> ... Will be a big publication. Hopefully the
   comments will be helpful to us.

   <Gottfried> ... 3 docs: Gap analysis, supporting research, ARIA
   module for personalization.

   <Gottfried> ... Michael plans to publish them next week.

   <Gottfried> John: Discussion yesterday on AG wg call - about
   publishing everything.

   <Gottfried> ... COGA, low-vision and mobile tf.

   <Gottfried> ... Those are not APA-managed tfs. COGA is a tf of
   2 wgs jointly.

   <Gottfried> John: Good to publish everything we have - even if
   it is only research.

   <Gottfried> Janina: AG wg may publish the docs for mobile and
   low-vision. This is not our business.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Personalization continues an interest in
   APA. Special APA meeting envisioned to talk about directions
   for personalization.

   <Gottfried> ... I propose to have that call 2 weeks from today,
   i.e. on May 10.

   <Gottfried> ... Topics: Media queries, ARIA module, etc.

   <Gottfried> (no objections)

   <Gottfried> Janina: Will get this going (invitations)

   <Gottfried> Janina: CSS tf - still issues about block and
   discussing.

   <Gottfried> Michael: Ted wanted to know the work load.

   <MichaelC> [33]CSS TF issues

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

   <MichaelC> [34]CSS TF project

     [34] https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/projects

   <Gottfried> ... These are categorized into projects.

   <Gottfried> ... CSS containment modules are urgent - may go to
   CR at any point.

   <Gottfried> ... Ian was supposed to review. But wait until May.

   <Gottfried> ... Activity on other issues going. Other people
   have commented on a couple of issues.

   <Gottfried> ... It is something, but probably not enough.

   <Gottfried> Janina: Web payments tf

   <Gottfried> ... Plan: Establish community group - still one
   vote short

   <Gottfried> ... We will look at the output in APA.

   <Gottfried> ... Please vote if you have a W3C member vote.

   <janina>
   ~[35]https://www.w3.org/community/blog/2017/03/31/proposed-grou
   p-web-payments-and-commerce-accessibility-community-group/

     [35]
https://www.w3.org/community/blog/2017/03/31/proposed-group-web-payments-and
-commerce-accessibility-community-group/

   Gottfried: lisa asked

   For us to give feedback on a special proposal

   On WCAG techniques

   Addressing COGA

   I can’t find these techniques tho

   Michael, Janina, can you help me?

   MC: We don’t have a formal place yet

   <Gottfried> techniques for WCAG 1.3.1 and WCAG 4.2.1

   Some of the TFs have proposed techniques in their own repos

   <Gottfried> Title for 1.3.1: Info and structure

   <Gottfried> Title for 4.2.1 (proposed) not known

   Lisa wrote to Janina and me

   <Gottfried> Email subject: ETSI and URC support as techniques
   for WCAG 1.3.1 and WCAG 4.2.1

   And Michael, probably because he’s involved in ?? group

   Janina: he’s also int he COGA group

   What exactly is she looking for from APA?

   Gottfried: we’re wondering if this can be done via…

   They want to use vocabulary to enable accessibility support

   She wants a discussion on this

   MC: I’m not able to get orientated without more information

   JF: Perhaps 4.2.1 is a new proposal

   MC: Right now I don’t have a paper trail that leads me to more
   info about 4.2.1

   JS: Let’s see what Janina responds

   <Gottfried>
   [36]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-
   tf/2017Apr/0037.html

     [36]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Apr/0037.h
tml

   JS: Thanks all!

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [37]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([38]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/26 16:58:01 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [39]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/classes/CSS classes/
Succeeded: s/Web a11y tf/ a11y-DSS Joint TF/
Succeeded: s/a11y-DSS/a11y-CSS/
Succeeded: s/Michael/Michiel/
Succeeded: s/John is working on it./John will review the CAPTCHA Note wh
en ready./
Succeeded: s/Micahel/Michael/
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs MichielBijl janina Gottfried JF MichaelC
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Scribes: Gottfried, MichielBijl
ScribeNicks: Gottfried, MichielBijl

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 26 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [40]http://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-apa-minutes.html


   [End of [41]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 27 April 2017 18:18:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:26 UTC