W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2016

Re: Draft Minutes 1/27/16

From: James Nurthen <james@nurthen.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 12:13:38 -0800
Message-ID: <CAOEMLYwqcB541GEqLJuXSdnBr9t2O+OV9=tivsBWWgSCLJQS4g@mail.gmail.com>
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Cc: public-apa@w3.org
Note that Respec does have colour contrast problems - I just checked the
ARIA spec.
I found the following issues

NOTE boxes - the text NOTE fails the colour contrast ratio
EXAMPLE Boxes - the test EXAMPLE X fails the colour contrast ratio
green attribute value text within the examples and elsewhere, fails the
colour contrast ratio
Green Editors Note text in yellow boxes fails the colour contrast ratio

Regards,
James


On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
>
>
> The Draft minutes (minus, apparently, ACTION items assigned – probably my
> bad) can be found at:
> https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html
>
>
> Text version (with ACTIONS) follows:
>
> - DRAFT -Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference27
> Jan 2016
>
> See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc>
> Attendees
>
> *Present*
>
> *Janina, JF, fesch*
>
> *Regrets*
>
> *Leonie, Joanie, Shane*
>
> *Chair*
>
> *SV_MEETING_CHAIR*
>
> *Scribe*
>
> *JF*
> Contents
>
>    - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
>
> 1.    preview agenda with items from two minutes
> <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item01>
>
> 2.    Actions Review (Specs)
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open
> <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item02>
>
> 3.    Decision Policy -- Ready for CfC?
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy
> <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item03>
>
> 4.    Actions Review (Specs)
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open
> <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item04>
>
>    - Summary of Action Items
>    <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
>    - Summary of Resolutions
>    <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> <*Zakim*> joanie, you wanted to ask about moving the action
> preview agenda with items from two minutes
>
> <*scribe*> scribe: JF
>
> *JS:* looking to set up a different system for looking at Spec review
> ... to remove the dependancy on Michael Cooper
>
> *JF:* some discussion kicking off around starting a TF focused on writing
> unit tests, not only for ARIA 1.1 but perhaps other efforts as well
>
> *JS:* we should also revisit CSS Flexbox discussions with CSS WG
>
> *CYNS:* have been having some back-channel discussions there as well
>
> *JS:* look to revisit in February
>
> *Cyns:* MS has become a lot more engaged in this activity. With the split
> of ARIA and APA, MSFT is adding a new person to the work
> Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/openDecision
> Policy -- Ready for CfC? http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy
>
> *JS:* there has been discussion here and in the ARIA WG - there has been
> a bit of a re-write to help clarify and avoid some 'gotchas'
>
> with a note that CfC's need to be handled on the admin list, not the main
> discussion list
>
> which was the purpose of the admin list - it allows us to restrict the
> participation (comments, welcome, long discussions essentially not)
>
> *JS:* believe we are ready for a CfC on this topic - Janina to issue the
> CfC later this week or next, in sync with the ARIA WG
> ... encouraging all to vote on both issues
>
> *RESOLUTION: meeting agrees to take Draft Decision Policy to CfC*
> Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open
>
> *MC:*
>
> <*MichaelC*> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
>
> *MC:* Action 2001
>
> *JS:* on Leonie, who is not here today
>
> ACTION 1749
>
> *RS:* don't believe there is much here
>
> *MC:* Potentially we can close this as it is moving forward elsewhere and
> appears to be OK
>
> *Cyns:* leave open, and will report back soon
>
> <*MichaelC*> close action-1749
>
> <*trackbot*> Closed action-1749.
>
> <*MichaelC*> action-1749: needs device independent stuff, but separate
> action
>
> <*trackbot*> Notes added to action-1749 Review ui events.
>
> *MC:* Need to record this in a wiki page as well
>
> *JS:* this is where we need multiple hands working together
> ... we received a request for comments earlier this week
>
> <*janina*> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/419
>
> we just need a way to annotate the graphic, in use-cases where it may be a
> help screen or similar
>
> https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/
>
> <*MichaelC*> needs device independent stuff, but separate action
>
> <*MichaelC*> needs device independent stuff, but separate action
>
> <*MichaelC*>
> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/commit/04d72e16764068dea1f353e781312e325fd774f7
>
> *JS:* sounds like we need to provide them with some info and details on
> providing better alt text and descriptions
> ... James N had issues around the spash screen scenario
>
> *MC:* issues around color contrast as well
> ... who is taking the next step on this
> ... we should get cynthia to join the discussion to confuse everyone
>
> [laughter]
>
> *JS:* should we check back with Shane to see if Respec is a root of some
> problems?
>
> *fesch:* Is this the issue with red text on pink background?
>
> *MC:* sort of yes, but Respec had been tested previously and was pretty
> good a11y wise
> ... we use Respec as well, and know a maintainer
> ... we should push back
>
> *JS:* perhaps its in the way we are using Respec versus how they are?
>
> *fesch:* they are using warnings, etc. I've not seen before
>
> <*ShaneM*> I am deep in the middle of other stuff right now, but please
> feel free to assign me any ReSpec related actions.
>
> *JS:* give action to Shane?
>
> <*ShaneM*> Note that since I am not on the call, the action could use a
> little context ;-)
>
> *MC:* found a diagram with poor color contrast (in SVG)
>
> <*ShaneM*> ok
>
> <*janina*> Also, diag needs extended text descript
>
> <*janina*> Or even to be accessible svg
>
> issues around color contrast in the Respec CSS
> Summary of Action Items
>
> ACTION: Fred to review Media Queries Level 4
> https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-4/ [1]
>
>    recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-04-44
>
>
>
> ACTION: foliot to draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on
> EME https://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/ [2]
>
>    recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-09-59
>
>
>
> ACTION: fred to review SHACL Use Cases and Requirements
> https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl-ucr/ [3]
>
>    recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-11-57
> Summary of Resolutions
>
> 1.    meeting agrees to take Draft Decision Policy to CfC
> <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#resolution01>
>
> [End of minutes]
>
>
>
> ​--
>
> John Foliot
>
> Principal Accessibility Strategist
>
> Deque Systems Inc.
>
> john.foliot@deque.com
>
>
>
> Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 28 January 2016 08:48:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 28 January 2016 08:48:15 UTC