W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2016

Draft Minutes 1/27/16

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 12:21:42 -0600
To: <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <014501d1592f$92e08e20$b8a1aa60$@deque.com>
Colleagues,

 

The Draft minutes (minus, apparently, ACTION items assigned – probably my bad) can be found at:
https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html 

 


Text version (with ACTIONS) follows:

- DRAFT -


Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


27 Jan 2016


See also:  <http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc> IRC log


Attendees


Present

Janina, JF, fesch

Regrets

Leonie, Joanie, Shane

Chair

SV_MEETING_CHAIR

Scribe

JF


Contents


*	 <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#agenda> Topics

1.     <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item01> preview agenda with items from two minutes

2.     <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item02> Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

3.     <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item03> Decision Policy -- Ready for CfC? http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

4.     <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#item04> Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

*	 <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary> Summary of Action Items
*	 <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary> Summary of Resolutions

  _____  

<Zakim> joanie, you wanted to ask about moving the action


preview agenda with items from two minutes


<scribe> scribe: JF

JS: looking to set up a different system for looking at Spec review
... to remove the dependancy on Michael Cooper

JF: some discussion kicking off around starting a TF focused on writing unit tests, not only for ARIA 1.1 but perhaps other efforts as well

JS: we should also revisit CSS Flexbox discussions with CSS WG

CYNS: have been having some back-channel discussions there as well

JS: look to revisit in February

Cyns: MS has become a lot more engaged in this activity. With the split of ARIA and APA, MSFT is adding a new person to the work


Actions Review (Specs)  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open


Decision Policy -- Ready for CfC?  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy


JS: there has been discussion here and in the ARIA WG - there has been a bit of a re-write to help clarify and avoid some 'gotchas'

with a note that CfC's need to be handled on the admin list, not the main discussion list

which was the purpose of the admin list - it allows us to restrict the participation (comments, welcome, long discussions essentially not)

JS: believe we are ready for a CfC on this topic - Janina to issue the CfC later this week or next, in sync with the ARIA WG
... encouraging all to vote on both issues

RESOLUTION: meeting agrees to take Draft Decision Policy to CfC


Actions Review (Specs)  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open


MC:

<MichaelC>  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

MC: Action 2001

JS: on Leonie, who is not here today

ACTION 1749

RS: don't believe there is much here

MC: Potentially we can close this as it is moving forward elsewhere and appears to be OK

Cyns: leave open, and will report back soon

<MichaelC> close action-1749

<trackbot> Closed action-1749.

<MichaelC> action-1749: needs device independent stuff, but separate action

<trackbot> Notes added to action-1749 Review ui events.

MC: Need to record this in a wiki page as well

JS: this is where we need multiple hands working together
... we received a request for comments earlier this week

<janina>  <https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/419> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/419

we just need a way to annotate the graphic, in use-cases where it may be a help screen or similar

 <https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/> https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/

<MichaelC> needs device independent stuff, but separate action

<MichaelC> needs device independent stuff, but separate action

<MichaelC>  <https://github.com/w3c/manifest/commit/04d72e16764068dea1f353e781312e325fd774f7> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/commit/04d72e16764068dea1f353e781312e325fd774f7

JS: sounds like we need to provide them with some info and details on providing better alt text and descriptions
... James N had issues around the spash screen scenario

MC: issues around color contrast as well
... who is taking the next step on this
... we should get cynthia to join the discussion to confuse everyone

[laughter]

JS: should we check back with Shane to see if Respec is a root of some problems?

fesch: Is this the issue with red text on pink background?

MC: sort of yes, but Respec had been tested previously and was pretty good a11y wise
... we use Respec as well, and know a maintainer
... we should push back

JS: perhaps its in the way we are using Respec versus how they are?

fesch: they are using warnings, etc. I've not seen before

<ShaneM> I am deep in the middle of other stuff right now, but please feel free to assign me any ReSpec related actions.

JS: give action to Shane?

<ShaneM> Note that since I am not on the call, the action could use a little context ;-)

MC: found a diagram with poor color contrast (in SVG)

<ShaneM> ok

<janina> Also, diag needs extended text descript

<janina> Or even to be accessible svg

issues around color contrast in the Respec CSS


Summary of Action Items


ACTION: Fred to review Media Queries Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-4/ [1]

   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-04-44

 

ACTION: foliot to draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on EME https://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/ [2]

   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-09-59

 

ACTION: fred to review SHACL Use Cases and Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl-ucr/ [3]

   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-11-57


Summary of Resolutions


1.     <https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html#resolution01> meeting agrees to take Draft Decision Policy to CfC

[End of minutes]

 

​-- 

John Foliot

Principal Accessibility Strategist

Deque Systems Inc.

 <mailto:john.foliot@deque.com> john.foliot@deque.com

 

Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion

 
Received on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 18:22:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 27 January 2016 18:22:13 UTC