Re: Call for Adoption: Private State Tokens/Private Tokens Work Stream

I'm also not sure this group is the right home for Trust Tokens API. While
anti-fraud includes use-case to which tokens might usefully be applied,
there are presumably a number of other cases not strictly fraud related in
which tokens could be meaningfully employed. Given that, I am concerned
either the anti-fraud focus of this group will be too limiting to the
development of a general-use trust token or that interest in developing a
token that applies to a broad set of use-cases will open the scope of this
group beyond the anti-fraud domain. It seems like the Credentials Community
Group <https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/> might be a better home
Trust Tokens API with the support from this group for developing anti-fraud
specific capabilities.

--

Brian May
Principal Engineer