Re: Call for Adoption: Private State Tokens/Private Tokens Work Stream

Hi Sofía,

I do support the anti-fraud CG having a work stream for the general area of Private Tokens, to talk about the interactions build on privacy pass and other similar technologies.

I don’t think we should move over or adopt the Trust Tokens API document as-is, however, until it’s either updated to work with the IETF version of privacy pass or else is specifically contextualized as background/historical material from previous work. I know there’s an intent to re-write that document to be compatible with the current privacy pass (while it’s currently referring to a pre-IETF version), and I think it should be relatively straightforward to make those changes. I am concerned that bringing the document over without any updates will perpetuate confusion about the different layers and versions, which should all be converging at this point.

Best,
Tommy