Re: status property for annotations

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> The people who have worked on translating iCalendar into RDF in the
> rdf-calendar task force will have some of this covered....

Hopefully someone from the calendar side will chime in.  Also, I just
discovered that there is an IETF BOF (calsify) taking place today
(perhaps as I type this message):

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/2005-March/000460.html

Is there still an active effort to produce an XML schema for iCalendar?

> It makes sense to me to start with the stuff for Todo items in
> iCalendar, and see what should be added. I think Marja is right that
> extending some classes/properties might be desirable for use cases.

I am not sure exactly what you and Marja mean.  Are you saying that the
set of possible status values needs to be generally extensible?  Or just
that we need to discuss and arrive at consensus on a useful set of values?

> I also wanted to extend the iCalendar stuff with a pointer that would
> show evidence of status (this is something I find as a pattern - the
> more I think of using the semantic web in everyday applications the
> more I think that it's value comes in part because that should be an
> easy thing to do) - i.e. where someone accepted an action, or the
> finished piece of work, or whatever.

The above makes sense to me.  How do we go about updating the Annotation
schema (http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#)?  I am happy to help
in any way I can -- by writing a draft specification or doing whatever
is necessary.

Thanks!

-Mark