Re: [public-annotea-dev] <none>

At 10:47 PM 10/13/2004 -0500, marja@annotea.org wrote:
>I think it makes
>sense to use global http:// HomeTopic because I think it helps merging several
>bookmark files from the user's point of view.

yes, it would be nice if users chose a home topic whose name
could be resolved in the Web.  This gives them an easy place to
publish other facts about their home topic for easy discovery by
others.  (They can still publish facts about a non-http: home topic
in the Web but obviously they have to find somewhere other than
at the home topic URI to publish those facts.)

> I want to take that direction
>now with ubimarks and experiment with it.
>
>Is there any reason why I should not use
>http://http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark#MyHomeTopic ?

If everyone uses the same home topic then dropping the 'My'
from the Topic name would lead to less confusion about whether
this was really personalized.  Remember -- if you load Jose's
bookmark list together with your own, it will appear as if all
of Jose's topics are also SubTopics of your own HomeTopic.

I don't think everyone should be using the same home Topic name.