Re: [web-annotation] Including resource previews in annotations

> On 3 Jun 2016, at 11:41, gsergiu <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>
> I understand your concerns on the CR. However, my claim is that this
 is a "mandatory" functionality for implementations. This means, that
each implementation will need to extend the annotation serialization
in a way that is not standardized.

All implementations have to do something like that. Correct. But there
 is not necessarily a need for having an interoperability around this
feature; it may be the point where implementations compete. I say
*may*, because that is an issue where it would take some time finding
a consensus on.
> I don’t know if a compromise solution can be adopted, by adding a
non-normative annex in the standard, or a reference to long living
document in which the community can address open issues and
propose/discuss solutions. I think this would be benefic both for
community and the V2 of the standard

Having a living document, in more general manner, on implementation
experiences and possible V2 features is a good idea in any case. We
will have to have a discussion, when the time comes, to set up some
sort of a 'life after Rec' mechanism exactly for these purposes. This
is a clear possible topic.

But, for *now*, I would propose to set this issue as postponed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at