Re: [web-annotation] Justify each Motivation with a behavior

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:25:11 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
@gsergiu in what ways would we loose interoperability?
Motivations--afaik--are more like expressions of intent, not
declarations of requirements. Such that an Annotation with the
Motivation "bookmarking" is still the same annotation with the
Motivation "identifying" (all other bits of the data being the same).

If you're UI makes a different distinction or provides additional
experience based on the motivation, how does that cause interop
problems?

We're not specifying a UX for annotation, just a data model that can
support as many "annotation" concepts as is possible--which I think we
 already have here, and if we limit it by requiring a certain
behavioral treatment on top of these "hints" then...we'd loose that.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by BigBlueHat
Please view or discuss this issue at