I Annotate in Berlin / F2F

From: Dan Whaley <dwhaley@hypothes.is>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:34:49 -0800
To: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>
Just a short note to this list to say that (thanks in large part to Ivan’s urging) we have decided on Europe for I Annotate 2016, most likely in Berlin, and we’re (currently) focused on May 19 and 20th (Thu/Fri) for the dates (hackathon on Saturday the 21st) in our search for potential venues.  Most likely this would mean May 18 as a date for the F2F if this group wants to take advantage of the timing / location.

If these dates are problematic for a large number of folks, or are in conflict with some other significant event which we should be aware of, please let me know.

Also, if you’re aware of a great venue for between 100-200 people please let us know— we’re currently exploring the Factory, Cafe Moskau, and also potentially locating at corporate event venues of various W3 members (again here, please offer any suggestions).

Venues: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YjkPSCb_p70cKQodYEqVKCWNjGBrdtvZFC7M0Hjxso/edit#gid=0

Our goal is to settle on a date/venue within the next week or two at the outside.

—
Dan  /  cell +1 650 274 7647