Re: What happened to semantic tagging?

From: Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 08:34:10 -0500
To: Hugo Manguinhas <Hugo.Manguinhas@europeana.eu>
Cc: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>
Hi Hugo,
Semantic tagging is still present but it is achieved through roles, if you
look at the list of the changes this is the entry: Align Tags and
SemanticTags with roles for body and target.

You might want to look at this section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-annotation-model-20151015/#roles-for-external-resources

Best,
Paolo

--
Dr. Paolo Ciccarese
Principal Knowledge and Software Engineer at PerkinElmer Innovation Lab

Assistant in Neuroscience at Mass General Hospital
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5156-2703