Re: [web-annotation] http/https?

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 13:49:24 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I'm :+1: on this generally. Here's another related link:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Security-NotTheS.html

However...I'm not keen on restricting the URI's people pick. They
really shouldn't use `https` if the thing is also identifiable as
`http`--and it's unfortunate that `https` is it's own protocol,
etc...but it happened...what can we do...
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rather, I think we *should* make a clear not to prefer `http` URI's
over `https` one's specifically--even if the server always redirects
to the `https` one.

That said, others here may know more of this problem space than I.
Certainly, there are other dragons beyond here such as non-identifying
 query parameters (Google's `utm_*` tracking mess...etc...), and I'm
not sure what the Linked Data answers to those problems are in total.
But am *very* curious about how we can help people not hit unnecessary
 walls.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by BigBlueHat
See