Re: [web-annotation] Clarify ability to reason with annotations - note additional statements to add to reasoner

I think it'll be difficult to address Randall's concerns about whether
 or
not we can interpret motivation as a relationship between the body and
 the
target. Part of the point I was trying to make is that any
interpretation
of motivations is necessarily an idiosyncratic one because there is
not a
broad consensus on what those relationships are or should be.

That said, I noticed a lot of things coming out of TPAC that were
making
these kind of idiosyncratic interpretations (e.g., division of the
hasBody
predicate into hasBody and hasTextBody -- this conflates the role of
body
with the kind of thing that the body is (i.e., resource or literal)).
This
is not very good RDF but may have value for a number of things such as
serializations and various reasoners (including those using flavors of
 OWL
that are not OWL Full).

I'm -0 on the proposal. I can see the value of body relatedTo target
(I can
even see body annotates target) but, body motivation target is a
bridge too
far.

Regards,

Jacob

P.S. I'm about to start quals at the end of the week so I'm afraid
that I
won't be much help for the next few weeks.

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_azaroth42&d=BQMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=_A46fJN0FohRFf2PS96i8X3vN-On8iL65L49mQlE67A&s=KGP9taFC9MyQ6RBjeD3yU2MrAsXckRrJWegRGEaSxGU&e=>

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_web-2Dannotation_issues_98-23issuecomment-2D153772869&d=BQMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=_A46fJN0FohRFf2PS96i8X3vN-On8iL65L49mQlE67A&s=wjuvT5_FEQqNdxOX0sUUyHLi_t7qWh53HT-3T3RFTLI&e=>

--
GitHub Notif of comment by jjett
See