Re: [web-annotation] avoid constraining HTTP

I'm not sure if I follow the reasoning for SHOULD. If I buy a double
quarter-pounder at mcdonald's it would be strange to find a big mac in it's
package when I got home...

Does that make sense?

If I ask a server for one kind of data and then magically get another, it
seems like it will be harder to build clients. Wouldn't that basically
reduce us to reinventing the web browser (because I might be getting
anything back from the server)?

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu