Re: [web-annotation] Make Selectors available for the wide world?

From: Davis Salisbury via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:20:00 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
Hi, this all came through at a bad time for me, so still trying to
catch up, but I think Jacob provided quite a concrete case for a
non-annotation specific usage, as did Ivan. In the publishing context
there are numerous things that could benefit from selectors outside of
 annotations, and the "see also" reference is of course one of them.
These are currently bogged down in XML IDs and other object-related ID
 schemes, but really the intent is to reference a specific part of a
figure or general text

--
GitHub Notification of comment by davis-salisbury
Please view or discuss this issue at