Re: [web-annotation] How do we model "groups" in the Annotation model?

From: Doug Schepers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 08:36:16 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
@BigBlueHat Why should groups (or even access control) only be done
via the protocol? What about annotations that are stored locally, or
exchanged offline, or otherwise not accessed via the protocol (which
not every UA may use)? How is a client supposed to know how to treat
those, if there's no property contained in the annotation itself?

> it should not be at the UA level, but at the protocol level--
> which I think has been said a few times now

It's true that several people have that opinion. I am not yet
convinced that a related property shouldn't be in the model, as well,
and I've stated the technical reasons why.

Saying "some people agree with me" doesn't tell us tell us the
technical rationale.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by shepazu
Please view or discuss this issue at