[note] Web Annotation Protocol

From: WebPlatform Specs Notes Archiver <notifier-notes@webplatform.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:18:27 -0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org, public-annotation@w3.org
BigBlueHat[1] just left a note on "Web Annotation Protocol"[2].

> If the server supports more than one Annotation container, each such container's description SHOULD include links to all other containers using the predicate iana:alternate.

We need a different `rel` value here.

[`iana:alternate` definition](http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/link-relations.xhtml):

[HTML5 `alternate` definition](http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#rel-alternate-0):
> The keyword creates a hyperlink referencing an alternate representation of the current document.

If there is a set of one or more containers who's annotations are related to the current one, we could use `related`.

However, if we're just saying "these are the other containers on the server", then it's probably best to link to a single parent container, list, or collection.

This use of `alternate` should be reworded to be correct, or be removed until we find a better solution.

View this annotation: https://notes.webplatform.org/a/AU92LQqsH0pyVKbBaf-7

[1] https://notes.webplatform.org/u/BigBlueHat
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/