Web Annotations and ePub

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:07:00 -0400
To: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>
I notice that idpf.org has a 'Call for Review: EDUPUB Profile for EPUB, Open Annotations in EPUB, EPUB Distributable Objects, EPUB Scriptable Components'.
"Member and public comments on the draft specifications are solicited through August 28, 2015."

http://idpf.org/news/call-for-review-edupub-public-drafts

'Open Annotation in EPUB' is one of the drafts, based on the Community Group specification; http://idpf.org/epub/oa

What happens when this review completes? Does this become part of the ePub 3.0.1 standard?

Should we be suggesting use of the Web Annotation WG model or any changes based on our work with the model?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Co-Chair, W3C Web Annotation WG

www.fjhirsch.com