RE: Paging, filtering, and sorting

> From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
> I was just wondering whether we need the whole CQL for our purposes.

Absolutely not, in fact the minimum requirement is quite barebones.  See http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/companionSpecs/baseProfile.html   and look at level 0.  Most likely we would want to support at least level 1.  Certainly not level 2.

That's for CQL.

For SRU ...

Is
> there a controlled way to define some sort of a profile for the purpose of
> annotation? Our structures are relatively simple, so I think starting with a
> relatively simple query/filter language that would then be combined with
> paging may be enough. I do not think we should impose on annotation
> servers the obligation to implement the whole of

Note that the paging would be a function of SRU, not CQL.  SRU minimum conformance, while not easy to explain in a paragraph (standards mumbo jumbo), is just as simple as CQL   What you describe, "a  relatively simple query/filter language that would then be combined with  paging ..."    would be good enough.

Ray