Re: Quick self-introduction

Dear all,

I'm Rob Sanderson at Stanford University, one of the co-chairs of the
group.  My interest in annotation is long standing from a digital library /
digital publishing / [scholarly] communication perspective, all of which
are moving to align with the architecture of the web (some more quickly
than others).  My view on annotation in general is a user-writable layer
over top of the web: if resources accepting content from consumers is Web
2.0, then the next iteration is surely to make the web infrastructure
accept content from consumers :)  My background is academic and related
research institutions, primarily in library/information science, but worry
not, I understand very well the benefits of practicality over theoretical
purity.

I was co-PI in the Open Annotation Collaboration (2009-2013), one of the
two initiatives that joined forces in 2011 to form the Open Annotation
Community Group along with Annotation Ontology.  I was then co-chair and
co-editor for the Community Group, and worked closely with other sectors to
engage in how Open Annotation could be used, including with IDPF and
annotating EPUBs and the IIIF Framework for annotating images and
representing digitized objects.

I very much look forwards to working with you all :)

All the best,

Rob

Technology Collaboration Facilitator