Re: Quick self-introduction

Hi, looking forward for the Web Annotation WG kicking off. Here's my
introduction:

I am Stian Soiland-Reyes [0] at School of Computer Science, University
of Manchester. I work in the myGrid [1] group, where we are producing
software for supporting scientists in fields ranging from
bioinformatics, biodiversity and chemistry to text mining (including
Utopia Documents [2]), library preservation, scientific
reproducibility (Research Object [3] and scientific workflows (Taverna
[4]).

Our tools are usually web-based with a high reliance of user content
contribution and annotations (myExperiment [5], BioCatalogue [6], SEEK
[7], MethodBox[10]), and rely heavily on web services (REST/SOAP) and
Linked Data (Taverna [4], RightField [8], Open PHACTS [9]).

My research interests lie particularly along the lines of provenance,
attributions and annotations. I was a member of the W3C Provenance
working group, a contributor on specifications like PROV-O [11] and
ontologies like PAV [12] and Research Object [13].

I have previously participated in the Open Annotation Community Group,
particularly from the viewpoint of our use of semantic annotations to
describe digital research contributions in Research Objects [14][15]
using ORE and AO/OA.

[0] http://soiland-reyes.com/stian/work/
[1] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/
[2] http://utopiadocs.cs.man.ac.uk/