Re: annotation protocol

I agree that discovery is important. As a minimum there should be a
link for "Here are related annotations"  and "Here you can post your
annotations". It might be the same link.

As for the protocol I assume something based on LPD would be fine -
thus there's not much to specify beyond the term(s) to link to
annotations that are 'related to' a given resource.

http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/

Here's a similar notification and discovery mechanism that we defined for PROV:

http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-aq/

http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hartig/files/Slides-PROV-AQ-Short.pdf

In short:

C: GET http://example.com/resource123/ HTTP/1.1