RE: Work in Progress on a new Annotation Working Group Charter (Advance Notice)

Dear Ivan and Doug,

We expect this work to be a very relevant and useful initiative.

In the list of related W3C groups, we suggest to add the Media Annotation WG [1], which has been working on a basic metadata set for media content on the web [2], and a related API [3]. The metadata set has also been formalized as an OWL ontology, and the API proposes a JSON representation of the metadata. Thus we think that there is potential overlap with the work to be addressed by the Annotation WG.

Best regards,
Werner

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-mediaont-10-20120209/

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/API10/PR2/

  Werner Bailer
  Audiovisual Media Group

  DIGITAL – Institute of Information and Communication Technologies

  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

  phone:  +43-316-876-1218            personal fax: +43-316-876-91218
  mobile: +43-664-602-876-1218         general fax: +43-316-876-1191
  web:    http://www.joanneum.at/digital
  e-mail: mailto:werner.bailer@joanneum.at