Re: FPWD comment - literals, data types and language tags

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Jacco van Ossenbruggen <
Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I like to express my strong support for Antoine’s and Ivan’s arguments.
>
> Having to explain to developers with an RDF background why this triple
>
> > <> oa:body "hi"@en .
>
> is illegal in OA would be a royal pain.  I think a syntax variant like the
> one suggested by Ivan that avoids us having to explain this would be worth
> investigating. The current text, that just declares it illegal without
> explanations just raises questions without providing any understanding of
> the issue. (and I do not think it would survive the REC track process
> anyway).

Can anyone clarify for me? I am not understanding why this would be an
illegal triple.

Isn't this object the resource {"@language": "en", "@value": "hi"} ?

What's illegal here? I only see that the resulting triple does not
serialize as a literal in JSON-LD, but it does have a valid serialization.