From: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 11, 2022 at 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: perfect knowledge in AI
To: Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com>
Cc: Adeel <aahmad1811@gmail.com>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>,
ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com>, public-cogai <
public-cogai@w3.org>, W3C AIKR CG <public-aikr@w3.org>

haven't read the entire thread; but i thought,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defeasible_reasoning might help - therein, an
ontological context to support multi-modal objective concepts relating to a
desire to create some sort of inspectable modularity re: assumptions, etc?

I have some documents on Defeasible Logic here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pl6ESImD3OcFTE1R7wpuiq8xlF5SrtD5

Re: Natural Agents,
The discussion with Chomsky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ2vr2YnSGA and
this one of  Henry Stapp on Quantum Mechanics and Human Consciousness
https://youtu.be/ZYPjXz1MVv0  <https://youtu.be/ZYPjXz1MVv0>

kinda links to concepts communicated by Jason Silva such as ontological
design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aigR2UU4R20 & 'Captains of
spaceship earth' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHB_G_zWTbc -
techno-social wormholes, or threaded parallal universes of consciousness
built upon the temporal comprehensions of observers...   not necessarily
good, recently there were toilet-paper shortages due to the implications of
AI on the 'status of observers'.  If we're going to democratise quantum
computing (via linguistics / ontologies, etc.) - like bringing about
mobile/desktop computing in an age of mainframes,

it'll need to have a series of qualities that supports that type of future,
imo.  therein - kinda important for sustaining democracies, rule of law,
etc.

I found this part of the interview with kissinger useful:
https://twitter.com/DemocracyAus/status/1521721199742832640

One of the inferences i'm evaluating, as i'm doing civics activities
relating to our democracy / federal election - noting; we do American
Politics so poorly, we don't even have a president - yet, the format of
media is often very similar to solutions for democracies like America where
you do have a president... But otherwise - there's been alot of candidates
who've stepped-up from all sorts of different fields due to widely held
concerns that are often not able to be discussed online.  Some candidates
have had their online accounts terminated, and many appear to have graph
rules applied to reduce distribution / visability. This appears to relate
to particular 'entity analysis' (topics) characteristics - and i also
consider in this process, the implication of 'beliefs' held by some and how
that may result in various platform based actions / reputation graph stuff;
and what happens if those assumptions or beliefs are later found to be
incorrect - that is, that people have been improperly judged, by others
(and systems) based upon a prior belief, before, say, the outcomes of
court-cases take-effect.  This in-turn relates to the graph i drew in the
picture attached - but the linked concept i'm flagging - is whether and/or
how, those sorts of software based judgements are corrected against
entities / accounts, if at all?  is the 'sentiment analysis' graph changed
upon identification of a 'correction' and that persons 'digital persona
character' boosted - to show they were 'fighting for right' if found to be
the case later by a court?  or are there accounts perminently dimished /
harmed, as a consequence of mistakes made by others (perhaps in foreign
regions?) reducing their ability to be heard at elections or later in life
regardless of whether or not their alerts were found to be accurate...

[image: 1_OD62QRiDXQd5mBdR_MiFpQ.png]

What are the documentation requirements of platforms to declare how
algorithms are made to work?  what factors that are like accessibility -
but different - could be considered, to ensure 'interference' with the
'status of observers' is defined in a way, that supports the core tenants
of rule of law, democracy, access to justice -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGhrYmUjU4

star-trek reference - 'the right to face ones accuser directly'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0J2F3ErMc

causality, temporal considerations & the ability to distinguish between bad
/ hostile actors (acts of violence, war, etc.) vs. mistakes - fairly
important for CyberPeaceFair (NB, whilst 'FAIR' is employed for various
reasons, one of them is:
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/collection/oeg-upm/news/fair-ontologies ) is
fairly important, particularly for platforms as the business case for class
action litigation mounts, as it becomes clearer that options were available
by elected not to be applied, deployed or acted upon due to some sort of
commercial rationale.

The deliberations made in;
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1945/07/as-we-may-think/303881/
 are still relavent, imo. The productivity yeilds brought about by a
'knowledge age'
https://medium.com/webcivics/a-future-knowledge-age-2e3f5095c67 are going
to be enormous, imo.  Conversely, those stuck in an 'information age'
unable to address 'digital slavery' in its many forms; is just going to be
equipped to be made able to do even the most basic functions, so well
established in past in environments like our libraries.  Without being able
to understand what is part of the 'fiction' vs. 'non-fiction' section.

the needs of people are made mute.  In the 'human centric' concepts
relating to the early days of credentials - the concept was that decisions
always come down to human or natural entities.  I've seen the 'human
centric' concept used in major publications, but it appears to have been
redefined or misunderstood. computers / software, doesn't pay compensation
if its been engaged in wrongs. afaik; corporation comes from latin?
originally meaning 'group of persons' --> persona ficta.  Ethical finance
concepts shun usury; and whilst the concept seems to be poorly supported
nowadays, and perhaps that doesn't impact some social groups, it is
seemingly quite important to others around the world - so - to form
appropriate global standards, labelling - similar to food (ie:
halal, kosher, etc.) is a feasible probability, particularly as the
business systems advance via Web3 (the DLT / DID stuff, as is distinct to
the old Web 3.0 stuff) influences; whether it be globally or
inter-nationally (per kissinger comments noted above via link).

With other fields of science, people are able to perform the same
experiments and get do the tests themselves before they're expected to
agree.  I'm not sure how that type of thing is supported with AI
implications, yet.

hope this helps.

timo.