Re: AI for Understanding Human Goals

Thank you for keeping an eye out on this work and summarizing the key points
I have not read the link yet but plan to go back to this topic,please
remind us again if this thread stops

I am trying to meet some deadlines as usual, although I realise this is
rather pointless
and work takes away the focus from more important things in life, like
having a good discussion
on some important point

At some point, I studied a bit of AI at school, and was taught that most AI
models were goal directed
Goal Directed reasoning was a big thing,
In my work/life  given my stance I think that Human Goals can be very big.
and that all of our goals ultimately are aimed, or should be aimed at
fulfilling the Human Goals

there are ultimate and relative goals, arent there, nested

where do we set the boundary, where do we draw the line as to what our
human goals is a big topic
as they say, it depends who you are, or who you choose to be perhaps
in relation to everything else

when it comes to functional AI systems, ultimately, goal achievement is
trivial
when i comes to alignment of functional systems to ultimate goals, it
becomes mindblowing
when it comes to stratml, is it adequate to represent human goals?

he he

PDM