register vs registry/ note to self and others

LJ Garcia and all

In relation to an earlier discussion about creating a schema for a
register/registry for ethical AI
(have since starting revising the use of the term ethical AI, but you know
what I mean)

in the earlier thread below
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aikr/2021Feb/0005.html

 I pointed to the use of the word register (in the context of a UK
parliamentary initiative)
well, actually for completeness, I d like to point to several instances of
the term registry
maybe the term Register is more in use in UK and Registry in US

https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/schema-registry/index.html