Re: AI KR meetings 2021

Thank you LG

Glad you think it could be useful, and no, we have not made a start as a CG
on that yet but I threw it as a possible
agenda for the next call

I am following up on a meeting organized by the Public Standards in the UK,
and if someone else in interested, we
could make a contribution via email as a CG

  Artificial Intelligence and Public Standards  Committee of the UK Gov
Feb 2020

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/868284/Web_Version_AI_and_Public_Standards.PDF
The document here actually calls it Register
There are 10 instances of Register in this document, some examples below

  This represents a missed opportunity. The marketplace could offer a range
of tools to help providers assess if AI products will support or undermine
public standards. Canada, for example, operates a register of responsible
AI companies.72 The marketplace could also allow AI products and services
to be classified according to certain features, such as explainability.
Such tools would help public bodies navigate the range of products and
services offered. In discussions with the Committee,
 Crown Commercial Service (CCS) officials expressed a desire for the
marketplace to

  In its report on Algorithms in the Criminal Justice System, the Law
Society recommended the creation of a register of algorithmic systems in
criminal justice in the UK. The Committee is of the view that such a
register could be expanded beyond criminal justice, if a sensible threshold
is set. In discussions with the Committee, the Centre for Data Ethics and
Innovation expres

   Such a register may be appropriate in other parts of the public
sector.”81 Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation

  However, it is likely that the establishment of a central register, even
if restricted to AI systems above a high threshold, would be an extensive
and potentially overwhelming bureaucratic challenge, particularly given the
predicted scale of AI across public life. T