Semantics & StratML

Sebastian, yes, semantic extraction tools could usefully be applied to
the content of the elements of the StratML standard that contain text
comprising more than a single word.

Moreover, even for those elements containing just a single word, such
tools can be applied to compare the meaning of those words (to those
using them) as expanded in the <Description> elements associated with
the words (names ascribed to concepts). Elements having both <Name>s and
<Description>s include: <Goal
<https://stratml.us/references/urn_ISO_std_iso_17469_tech_xsd_stratml_core.html#Goal>>,
<Objective
<https://stratml.us/references/urn_ISO_std_iso_17469_tech_xsd_stratml_core.html#Objective>>,
<Stakeholder
<https://stratml.us/references/urn_ISO_std_iso_17469_tech_xsd_stratml_core.html#Stakeholder>>,
and <Value
<https://stratml.us/references/urn_ISO_std_iso_17469_tech_xsd_stratml_core.html#Value>>.

However, before focusing too much on such tools, first it would be good
to enable selective querying of those elements based simply upon the
<Name>s ascribed to them.  For example, as shown in this word cloud
<https://stratml.us/references/WordCloudDemo.pdf>, Education is the most
commonly named goal.  Faceted query services enabling the combination of
element names could be particularly useful, e.g., goal & objective names
combined with stakeholder group names.

When such queries are conducted, the results lists should point directly
to the queried elements in the context of the documents in which they
occur -- not to the entire document/page (as the Web search engines to)
thereby requiring users either to scan the entire document or conduct
another word-find search within it. Since GUIDs are associated with each
element, they can be directly referenced like this
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/UIMAwStyle.xml#_42c287f2-1adc-11e7-ade9-4a8f6551e223>.
(Since GUIDs are plain text, they can also be indexed by the Web search
engines, as Google does /inconsistently/, e.g., with respect to these
plans
<https://www.google.com/search?q=_fc2d8890-ba77-4c51-bbad-1cc10871c14e&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS868US868&oq=_fc2d8890-ba77-4c51-bbad-1cc10871c14e&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>
issued by the U.S. Office of Management & Budget.)

As time permits, I may convert Apache Stanbol's "welcome" statement
<http://stanbol.apache.org/> to StratML format.  It would be great if
the Apache folks were to begin to publish information about their
projects in an open, standard, machine-readable format like StratML.  In
the meantime, two Apache project plans are in the StratML collection at
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#ASF2 See also
https://aboutthem.info/ and StratML use case Goal 19: Projects &
Programs
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/UC4SwStyle.xml#_8833b55a-14c4-11e6-ac93-bf1cf9713b8c>.

BTW, the latest addition to the StratML collection is the IEEE's report
on ETHICALLY ALIGNED DESIGN: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Well-being
with Autonomous and Intelligent Systems, at
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#EAD

Oftentimes we human beings make things more complicated than necessary.
Generally speaking, we need to learn to walk before we can learn to
run.  It is also good to refrain from expecting others to do that which
we can do for ourselves.  For example, we can think more clearly about
what we're trying to accomplish and then document it in an open,
standard, machine-readable format rather than expecting AI agents to do
that for us.  When we do, AI can add higher-level value, including by
helping us discover relationships and work together more efficiently and
effectively.

I look forward to learning if you and I may have the opportunity to
collaborate in pursuit of our common and complementary interests. For
example, do you see any prospects that an Apache tool(s) might be
applied to render the descriptions of each Apache's 350+ projects
<https://projects.apache.org/> in StratML format?  Short of that, I
trust that Chris and Jorge would love to see Apache project sponsors use
their StratML applications to do that manually.

An invitation to connect on LinkedIn will be forthcoming.

Owen