Re: Software documentation conventions/open standard (note work to be done)

Well, documentation can be of software, of process, of architecture, of
product and of course of standard
the ultimate documentation is a technical manual which goes into detail

To answer your question we would have to carry out a study -
ie compare existing technical documentation standards to stratml
structure/elements
and identify what may be missing

My guess is that with some adaptation (adding sections) stratml could be
used to produce technical documentation as well and it could be a good way

I m now thinking what is the best way to generate an open standard for
technical documentation
with the least possible effort (given the scarcity of resources)
and would not rule out a stratml approach if the group is interested to
pursue that venue

Thinking further one could use stratml like features to automatically
generate technical manuals too
maybe that could be turned into a product itself