Re: For those who will venture into my code:

Paul

thank you

there was no link to the git!!!!!!

I never enjoyed writing code  but had the fortune to study with great great
programmers

I wa taught that a 'read me' file is fairly good practice with a
description of the code etc

really dont worry about it not being neat - scruffy is OK  however, keep in
mind that we all live on different planets
so any description of what the code is, how it is structured, how to run
in, your examples of what works and what not yet works etc
are necessary/ useful

I am not fussy but I do getphysically  sick and in a terrible mood when I
cannot comprehend something, cognitive dissonance has a physiological
effect on people
which is not good,   estetics as a feel good factor., as the coating for
bitter medicine

not fussy at all, but when it becomes necessary to ask too many questions
too many times
I necessarily have to give up and move on - have soo much work, my
attention is best devoted to things I can comprehend

I am used to do this with students, who are excellent at writing code that
nobody else can run let alone understand

My advice is:   imagine that you are sharing the code with someone from a
distant planet, who has no idea what
code is or how to use it.  For them a piece of code is like something they
have no idea what it is

you need to provide a description and also need to share all the
instructions to run it

a justification of your choices (why you did things in a certain wahy as
opposed to any other way)
is always welcome but often a luxury,

I am not even going to try to venture into looking any code until I see a
clear  enought and delectable description plus instruction on how to read
(a read me)

what is not delightful is not worth pursuing most of the time, this much I
have learned through painful lessons

pdm