Re: Carl. KR and the blockchain

As background, my interest in blockchain is based on the 'audit ability and
trustworthiness' insights I gained as a member of OASIS Technical Committee
that produced the ebXML Registry Information Model OASIS Standard
<http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php#ebxmlrimv2.0> (ISO 15000-3) and
the ebXML Registry Services Specification OASIS Standard
<http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php#ebxmlrsv2.0> (ISO 15000-4) that
define interoperable registries and repositories, with an interface that
enables submission, query and retrieval of contents
http://ebxml.xml.org/regrep

Other topics we touched upon that are candidates for future discussions
include:

Can the AIKR work evolve towards authoring a Body of Work that has broad
relevance. As in:

   - Take a path similar to how an excellent method for IT analysis and
   design (SSADM) morphed into ITIL then ITSM - shepherded by Pete Skinner (of
   UK Government’s Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency) who had the
   idea of building an equivalent approach to improve the operations of IT
   services.
   - Provide reference material that is used to certify the capability of
   an AIKR based service.  Perhaps emulate the TickITplus offering of a
   framework of international standards and quality certification that has a
   Capability Dimension based on ISO/IEC 15504: an IT Process Assessment
   standard
   - Curate a list of reference materials that contribute-to understanding
   of AIKR in practice. Much like IDESG Wiki which came out of their focus on
   guiding the development of trust frameworks ://
   wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category%3AStandards

cheers

Carl Mattocks
co-Chair AIKR CG
It was a pleasure to clarify