Re: SV: Bliss translation for W3C

+E.A. Draffan and our email archive list ...

Thanksx, Russell, and thanks Margareta! I've cc'd E.A. Draffan because
she was making similar suggestions.

Russell: I'm happy for you to simplify the text.

I have only one caution about simplification. We need to remember our
audience in this project is web developers, including softgware
engineers who would be enhancing major browsers as well as content
creators. It is thus important that our text explain why we're asking
for the things we're asking in HTML. The point is that exactly the same
text renders differently in different symbol sets. That needs to jump
off the page at them--same words, different symbols.

So, while our goal is to include AAC users in web content, we need the
developer community on board to achieve that goal. The audience here is
not (necessarily) AAC users themselves.

And, to answer a separate, though related question from E.A., we can use
whatever size paper makes the most sense to reasonably convey both text
and graphics. We're not limited by any stock paper size.

hth

Janina

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)