Re: suggestion

An inheritor would [mostly] be other W3C documents (whether or not they are on a TR track or normative). So in this case, WCAG 3 would inherit the subset of functional needs that are relevant and appropriate. Another potential inheritor would be any external organizations or regulatory bodies that cite the list.

Hypothetical example mapping:

Use with limited hearing:
W3C
WCAG3; FAST; XAUR; MAUR
External
Section 508; National Association of Deaf (sorry these are both US specific)
Use with sensorineural hearing loss (limited frequency range):
W3C
XAUR; MAUR; CSS Aural
External
ISO; Bluetooth SIG
Alternatively, once we collaboratively resolve which functional needs belong in WCAG 3; the burden could simply fall to the inheritor to cite this master, and no mapping would be necessary.

Cheers,

Charles Hall

Senior Accessibility Designer
Invited Expert, W3C AGWG & Silver TF
Chair, W3C IDIW CG
Member, Ferndale Accessibility & Inclusion Advisory Commission