RE: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: (with COMMENT)

Hi, Éric -

An Origin-Entry with Origin-Len zero should be invalid, since no result of the serialization in RFC 6454 is zero-length.  Since RFC 8336 says that invalid entries are ignored, the two cases should be functionally identical.  However, providing an empty list is both shorter and less likely to trigger any protections against abusive peers, so would be preferred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 4:01 AM
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3@ietf.org; httpbis-chairs@ietf.org; ietf-http-wg@w3.org; mnot@mnot.net; mnot@mnot.net
Subject: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3/

COMMENT:

Thanks for the work done in this short document.

I am just wondering what is the difference between an ORIGIN Frame without any
Origin-Entry and one ORIGIN Frame with only empty Origin-Entry (i.e., without
any ASCII-Origin)... Perhaps due to my relative ignorance of HTTP.

-éric